Jon and Nick are gearing up for their Keynote Speech this week at the Frontline Insights Summit in Orlando, Florida held at the beautiful Grande Lakes Marriot! Therefore, their "education brains" are even more fully tuned than usual!
- Segment 1: The Rock Star Principals' 11 P's of Principal Leadership = Pluck
- Pluck is spirited and determined courage.
- Courage isn't courage without fear and gravitas.
- Pluck comes into play every day in our vocation.
- A Word from Our Fake Sponsors: Gallimaufry with Men of a Certain Age: Midlife Woolgathering (A New Podcast)
If you like the Rockstar Principals’ Podcast, then you’ll also enjoy Gallimaufry with Men of a Certain Age! An eclectic group of middle aged men will discuss anything and everything under the sun including foot pain, the glory days, nutrition, beards, afternoon naps, bending over, lawn care, tv remotes that you talk to, marriage, divorce, hating noisy places, hair growing in places it shouldn’t, lawn care, weight training, medications, forgetting things, cardio, choosing clothes for comfort, losing your keys, realizing every song your kids listen is inappropriate, forgetting things...wait, did I already say that? Professional wrestling, pipes, movies, and more…
Listen now through Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or Podbean at gallimaufrywoolgathering.podbean.com. Follow us on Twitter at @GallimaufryMen
- Important Article Review: "The Kids Who Use Tech Seem to Be Alright by Lydia Denworth from Scientific American
- Researchers at Oxford University carefully examined data collected from over 350,000 children and determined that technology has not caused any harm.
- Jon and Nick discuss aspects of the article as well as how to avoid some of the true dangers of social media addiction, FOMO, and comparing your real life to someone's social profile.
- A preview of an upcoming related segment featuring a speech by Seth Godin.
- More RSP awesomeness...